C1 ESL lesson plans are designed for students with full communication autonomy and functionality at work or in an academic setting in an English-speaking country.
For students at advanced level of language learning, grammar is not of much interest anymore. However, we still provide lesson plans with grammar units such as conditionals, wish/if only regrets, complex noun phrases, quantifying phrases, word stress, past modals, narrative tenses, gradable and ungradable adjectives, hedging, passive forms, inverted word order, complex noun phrases, and adjective clauses.
Vocabulary and discussion
Some of the topics our ESL advanced lesson plans for adults are based on are euphemisms, complex feelings and emotions, helicopter parenting, vulnerability, types of conversations, office buzzwords, common phrases and idioms used around office, traveling during pandemic, making excuses, money and enterprise, and many more to come.
C1 Advanced student is expected to:
- discuss in detail issues related to success, including building a motivated, successful team
- talk in some detail about their favorite paintings and the architecture of buildings that they like
- discuss societal problems, possible solutions for problems and what role corporations can play
- participate in discussions about conservation, sustainability and habitat protection
- talk about events and issues in the news and how they affect people and companies
- talk about risks in life, including changing jobs and doing dangerous sports
- compare and contrast various forms of education and individual schools
- understand various communication styles, including direct, indirect, formal and informal
- discuss issues related to their quality of life, including work-life balance and home environment
- understand and discuss issues related to ethics, like civil disobedience.
Check out our C2 – Proficiency lesson plans!