Having greater grammar knowledge and more extensive vocabulary, B1 English students are more skilled at communication than A2 students. Therefore, our B1 level English lessons cover an even wider range of topics than A2 lesson plans.
Grammar units covered in our English lesson plans for intermediate level include comparing and contrasting Present and Past tenses, comparing and contrasting future forms, past habits, modal verbs, active and passive voice, conditionals, articles, gerund vs. infinitive, reflexive pronouns, adjective and adverb comparison, and more.
Vocabulary and discussion
Some of the topics our B1 ESL lesson plans are based on are human relationships, personal characteristics, sense of humour, loanwords, brand names, wishes and regrets, shopping, traveling, feelings, basic business communications, and many more to come.
B1 Intermediate student is expected to:
- understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- be able to deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling
- be able produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest
- discuss their personal and professional hopes and dreams for the future
- arrange a job interview and interview for a job in their area of expertise
- describe their education and plans for future
- talk about maintaining a healthy lifestyle and give and get advice about healthy habits
- talk about their taste in movies, music, fashion, and art
- talk about relationships and dating, including meeting people through social media
- know how to order and buy different products and services
- discuss polite behavior and respond appropriately to impolite behavior.
Check out our B2 – Upper-intermediate lesson plans!