Upper-intermediate ESL lesson plans are designed for more advanced and more independent English students who still lack the subtleties and implied meanings in verbal communication.
Grammar units covered in our English lesson plans for B2 level include narrative tenses, used to and would, future forms, future in the past, modal verbs, mixed conditionals, verbs of the senses, wish, rather, if only, unreal uses of past tenses, complex forms of gerunds and infinitives, reflexive and reciprocal nouns, compound nouns and possessive forms, ellipsis, substitution, inversion, preparatory subjects, linking words, participle clauses, cleft sentences, and more.
Vocabulary and discussion
Some of the topics our upper-intermediate ESL lesson plans are based on are weather and climate, space and travel, making decisions, imagining the future, sleeping habits, fashion styles, art and artists, working out, cooking, healthy lifestyle, movies, innovations, speaking professionally at a business meeting, and many more to come.
Speaking activities B2
Improving speaking activities at this level is very important because it helps to consolidate the comprehensive knowledge of the intermediate level. It is the basis for continuing to learn the language at the highest level and, thus, to master it as a proficient speaker. Speaking activities B2 are advanced exercises on a wide range of topics: fashion, business, remote work, new technologies, or artists’ biographies. The variety of topics and specialised vocabulary will make discussions at this language level a demanding challenge and the essence of B2 level.
Carefully prepared objectives of English language learning
Thanks to the plans from english4tutors, speaking activities will be a part that effectively complements other modules. Learning English will, therefore, be an excellent summary of the skills mastered so far. At this level, speaking activities are combined together with other competences such as reading and listening, so speaking requires not only in-depth analytical skills but also the ability to understand and use the already mastered vocabulary. Speaking activities help to effectively consolidate newly learnt grammatical structures and use them in practice.
B2 Upper-intermediate student is expected to:
- be able to participate in meetings in their area of expertise
- discuss cultural norms and differences
- talk about their personal finances and give advice to friends and colleagues about their finances
- talk about their personal and professional lifestyle, including a description of their life at work
- explain their education, experience, strengths and weaknesses, and discuss their career path
- talk about mental processes and how they can use them to improve their effectiveness on the job
- use appropriate language in social situations, including praising and expressing sympathy
- deal with relatively complex awkward situations that arise in social and business contexts
Check out our C1 – Advanced lesson plans!